Office walls are important in giving an office an excellent interior appearance at first sight. Most people clean their office floors and forget office walls. Because of the frequent touching and leaning on these walls , it is time we start cleaning them like any other surface in our offices.
In the modern day, different wall paintings have been invented; therefore, it's up to us to learn how to manage and keep them clean at all times.
Examples of office wall paintings and finishes used in the modern days
- Flat, satin and eggshell finishes
- Latex painted walls
- Oil-based painting
- Glossy or semi-gloss finishes
Clean walls with different paintings
a) Cleaning wall with satin, flat, and eggshell finishes
Paint looks good on the interior when they do not bounce light back.
When it comes to cleaning, they are less durable. Therefore;
Avoid cleaning flat paint walls with degreasers.
Avoid too much scrubbing of painted to prevent paint from pulling off.
- Mix a few drops of dish detergent to water/2-3 spoons of vinegar to warm water and stir.
- Soak your sponge into the water for a few minutes then wring.
- Clean the wall starting from the top left-hand side of your wall using circular motions. Repeat the movement from top to bottom.
- Repeat the procedure until your wall is clean.
- Leave your wall to dry by opening your office windows and directing your office fan towards the wall for faster drying.
b) Cleaning latex painted walls
- Use a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner and warm water.
- Dip a sponge into the mixture and then wring.
- Clean the wall with the sponge gently in circular motions from top to bottom.
- Rinse it with a clean sponge and clear water
- Use a paste of baking soda for stubborn stains such as fingerprints and spills, or if it does not remove, use a white vinegar and water solution.
c) Cleaning oil-based paints
- Use a detergent solution or a vinegar and water solution to soak your sponge.
- Wring the sponge until slightly dry
- Then wipe the wall from top left-hand corner to bottom
d) Cleaning glossy and semi-gloss office walls
This paint is mostly used in the office kitchen walls and restrooms.
It is highly durable and lasts long.
- Use mild degreasers, although it's advisable to use a soft sponge as the walls can still easily scratch.
- Mix dish detergents and vinegar letting the solution sit for about 10 minutes.
- Use a sponge to clean the walls by soaking it in the mixture then using it for the wall
- Make sure to wring the sponge before using it on the wall
- Start your cleaning from the top left corner of your office restroom or kitchen to the bottom using circular motions.
- Repeat the procedure on the wall making a new mixture to cleanse your wall.
- Turn on your office fan and open your windows to speed up the drying of the wall.
- Repeat the process using a clean solution to cleanse the wall
It's vital to keep our office walls clean at all times as they are the most abandoned during cleaning, and they are the most prone to dirt. As we have seen, we only need some equipment to make our walls shiny and clean at all times. Cleaning of walls also avoids pests from infesting in the office.
Recommended for you
Winter Is Coming! How To Stay On Top Of Your Home
keep your house and everything you love about house vert clean throughout the upcoming seasons with the help of our friends at maid in spokane
Considerations when looking for an end of tenancy cleaning firm
You might have had a bad experience doing an end of tenancy yourself, you could be having a tight schedule or you want to give a try to an end of