Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Gleem website terms and conditions for use (“terms”). These terms apply to the use of this website and by accessing this website and/or making a booking for services you agree to be bound by the terms set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms please do not use our website.
Before you place an order with us, if you have any questions relating to these terms please contact our customer service team by email at [email protected] or by phone 0800 808 5544.
“Booking” means a booking for Services made by You on our Website or made by US on your behalf upon YOUR instruction.
“Services” means any service we offer including but not exhaustive of cleaning, gutter cleaning, window cleaning, property inventories;
“Gleem Cleaner” means a cleaner or other services provider available through our Website;
“We/us” means Gleem Limited, of 111 Gloucester road, Bristol, BS7 8AT with Company Registration Number 08647739;
“Website” means the website located at www.gleem.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it;
“You” means a user of this Website.
2) USE OF THE WEBSITE
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Terms and any Booking made by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Terms.
2.2.1 By registering as a user of our Website, you warrant that:
(a) the personal information which you provide when you register as a user and/or make a Booking is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
(b) you will notify us immediately of any changes to this personal information by contacting our customer service representatives by email at [email protected] or by phone at 08008085544.
2.2.2 You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
2.3 Our rights
We reserve the right to:
(a) modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
(b) change these Terms from time to time as explained below. If you do not agree to such amended terms, you must stop using the Website. If you continue to use the Website you will be deemed to have accepted the amended terms.
3.1 We have a £5m public liability insurance policy underwritten by a leading insurer. There are excesses of at least £250, depending on the specific type of claim, which will be at your cost. Please email us at [email protected] for more information on this.
3.2 On the rare occasion that our Gleem Cleaners are self employed, they have also agreed to have their own personal public liability insurance policy to protect them and your property.
4) BOOKING SERVICES
4.1 By placing an order through our Website, you warrant that you are: legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and are at least 18 years old.
4.2 After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your Booking. Please note that this does not mean that your Booking has been accepted. All Bookings are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you a further email to confirm the Booking (the “Booking Confirmation”). The contracts between us and you and between you and the Gleem Cleaner will only be formed when we send you the Booking Confirmation.
4.3 You agree that you will not seek to book any Services from any Gleem Cleaner other than via our Website for the duration of this agreement and in the 3 months after termination of this agreement. If it is found that you have booked any Services not via Gleem then you will be in breach of the terms and conditions and may be taken to court so the Company can seek reimbursement for fees that would otherwise have been to the Company and not to the Gleem Cleaner directly.
5) PRICE AND PAYMENT
5.1 The price of any Services will be as quoted on our Website, except in cases of obvious error.
5.2 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Booking Confirmation.
5.3 Every effort has been made on this Website to ensure that making a Booking is secure via our payment provider Stripe. We cannot be responsible for fraudulent use on our Website of a lost payment card.
5.4 You must maintain a valid payment card with us. You must inform us immediately if your payment card details are no longer valid.
5.5 You authorise us to seek pre-authorisation of your payment card. You also authorise us to charge your payment card in full for the Services you have booked.
5.6 If any amount due by you is unpaid after the day of the scheduled Booking, we may charge a £10 administration fee.
5.7 A promotional code, gift card or voucher may only be used by new customers except for a customer’s unique referral code which they are given once they book a clean with Gleem. Offers for new customers can only be redeemed once per household. Other terms and conditions apply. Please contact [email protected] for further details.
6) BOOKING CANCELLATION BY US
6.1 If you violate any of the Terms, your permission to use the Services and Website will automatically terminate.
6.2 We reserve the right to cancel any Booking without notice or cause.
7) BOOKING CANCELLATION BY YOU
7.1 You may cancel a Booking by logging into your Gleem account, by emailing [email protected] or by calling 08008085544.
7.2 For recurring bookings, cancellations made within 5 days of your scheduled clean will incur a late cancellation fee of £40. The same charge will be made if we are unable to access your property at the arranged time (this includes you not proving the correct address details or providing accurate access instructions).
7.3 For one time bookings, cancellations made within 5 working days of your scheduled clean will incur a late cancellation fee of 100% of the total cost. The same charge will be made if we are unable to access your property at the arranged time (this includes you not proving the correct address details or providing accurate access instructions).
7.4 Further discounts may be provided at the prerogative of Gleem Limited to any customer.
8) THE GLEEM WEBSITE
8.1 We act both as an employer and also as a booking agency for self-employed Gleem Cleaners. Our contract with you is limited to provision of use of our Website.
8.2 Your Gleem Cleaner is responsible for providing the Services to you and you have a direct contract between you and the Gleem Cleaner concerning the provision of Services. This contract does not include us. You and Gleem Cleaners are responsible for any taxes arising as a result of the Services.
8.3 We review applications, conduct interviews and undertake other checks of Gleem Cleaners, with some of this process reliant on information from or undertaken by third parties. You acknowledge that we do not and cannot guarantee the accurateness or completeness of such checks, whether conducted by us or by third parties.
8.4 You acknowledge that you use Gleem Cleaners at your own risk. You agree to provide a safe working environment for Gleem Cleaners and to take appropriate precautions to supervise Gleem Cleaners.
9) THIRD PARTY LINKS
Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. We have not reviewed any of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
11.1 Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Services you purchased in the previous six months.
11.2 This limitation does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
11.3 We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage, including but not limited: to loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; or, waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
11.4 We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your Booking and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
12) EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
12.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
12.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or transport access, flood, fire, explosion, acts of terrorism or accident.
12.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
13.1 Intellectual property and right to use
13.1.1 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content on the Website are owned by us or our licensors. Any access or use of the Website for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use is prohibited.
13.1.2 No part of the Website may be reproduced in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or Website without our prior written permission.
13.1.3 You acknowledge and agree that the content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited.
13.1.4 You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
13.1.5 You may provide us with information and feedback regarding the features and performance of the Service, including reports of failures, errors, or other malfunctions you encounter on the Service along with any associated error messages (the "Feedback"). Feedback provided to Gleem Limited may be used by us to improve the Service, and accordingly, you hereby grant Gleem Limited a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sublicense, distribute, modify and otherwise exploit such Feedback without restriction.
13.1.6 If you publish any content on our Website, such as images, videos, reviews, comments, ratings, profiles or listings, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to copy, alter, adapt or display such Content on our Website.
13.2 Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
13.3 Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Gleem Limited and gleem Home Cleaning Limited, of 111 Gloucester Road, Bishopston, Bristol, BS7 8AT. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a Booking, or as specified above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
13.5 Transfer of rights and obligations
13.5.1 The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
13.5.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
13.5.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
If any part of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision.
13.8 Entire Agreement
These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between us with respect to the subject matter of any contract and supersede any previous communications or agreements between us.
13.9 Our Right to Vary these Terms
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you book Services from us. Please regularly check on our Website for new versions.
These Terms and the Contracts shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
13.11 Contact Information
We can be contacted by phone at 08008085544, by emailing [email protected] and by post at 111 Gloucester Road, Bishopston, Bristol, BS7 8AT.
14) GLEEM GUARANTEE
14.1 Conditions to the guarantee.
14.1.1 Where possible, Gleem cleaners will collect your signature on your checklist to verify that you are happy with your clean. In signing the checklist you confirm that your are satisfied with your clean. In signing the checklist you have accepted your clean, meaning the Gleem guarantee is complete, as you have stated that you are satisfied.
14.1.2 Any unsatisfactory clean must be reported within 48 hours of the service being performed. Failure to inform Gleem within this time period will nullify the Gleem guarantee.
14.1.3 Gleem will request the customer to supply photographs taken before this 48 hour time period elapses, detailing the inadequate service as proof. Refusal to provide this proof, if requested will nullify the Gleem guarantee.
14.1.4 Before any discussion of a partial refund takes place, Gleem will send a service provider back to the property to repeat the service. Failure to accept this repeat service will nullify the Gleem guarantee.
14.1.5 Gleem will seek to establish a fair price for service based upon what items on the checklist were completed, and what tasks were not completed.
14.1.6 Any refund comes with the conditions attached that no feedback be left in any publicly accessible place. Upon discovery of feedback, Gleem is entitled to and will immediately reverse any refund applied without notice to you.
15) SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR TYPES OF SERVICES
15.1 When booking an End of Tenancy (MOVE IN/MOVE OUT) Service, you MUST ensure that the property is empty to allow the Cleaners to perform their tasks effectively. If the property is not empty, Gleem cannot Guarantee that the service will be completed.
15.2 Gleem Cleaners will not lift any heavy items and will not work at height (this includes using a step). All work requires the Cleaner to be stood on the ground for reasons of health and safety. If there are any heavy items, including furniture, that needs to be moved then You will need to move this is advance of their arrival.
15.3 Gleem Cleaners will not work inside a property where any person is smoking. This is for their safety. If this happens, the Gleem Cleaner will leave the property and the Service will not be completed. The Service will be charged in full.
15.4 The cost of parking will be added to Your Service. The Company recommends that you provide free parking to the Cleaner if You do not agree to this cost. If no free parking is provided to the Cleaner, You will be charged accordingly the full amount.
A Commencement and Term
1. This agreement starts on the date when the cleaner introduced by us to you starts working for you. By allowing the cleaner to work at your home you implicitly accept this Terms and Conditions.
2. All Bookings are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email on behalf of the introduced cleaner to confirm the Booking (the “Booking Confirmation”). The contracts between us and you and between you and the introduced cleaner will only be formed when we send you the Booking Confirmation.
3. This agreement will continue so long as you use any cleaner introduced by us and until either party ends the agreement according to paragraph I.
4. By placing an order through our Website, you warrant that you are: legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and at least 18 years old.
Any dispute arising from this agreement will be submitted to the Courts of England. You cannot claim any service under this agreement if your account is in arrears.
C Our Service
1. We act as a booking agency for self-employed cleaners. Our contract with you is limited to provision of use of our Website and mobile application technology.
2. We will register cleaners to be introduced to clients only after they have successfully completed our recruitment process. This may include some or all of: telephone interview, completion of application form, home visit, identity check, address check, immigration status check, gathering of written references, telephone check of references, and/or other checks as we may deem appropriate. We may also use the services of a third party background check specialist company if we consider it necessary.
3. We will select a cleaner from our database, assign them to your clean and arrange for you to interview the cleaner when they first become your regular cleaner. Your first clean forms this interview and you it is your choice whether you attend this interview or not.
4. We will write a letter or email you to confirm your cleaner’s name details and start date. This letter or email will also tell you how much to pay in total for the service. This payment includes your payment to us (Agency Fee), and the rate per hour you have agreed to pay your cleaner (cleaner’s rate). Please note that self employed cleaners with better reputations are entitled to charge more per hour when providing their services through Gleem Home Cleaning Limited.
5. At your request, we will endeavour to provide temporary cover if your cleaner is unavailable. We cannot guarantee this will be on your usual cleaning day and may require you to be present at the property to provide access to the cover cleaner. You will only pay the Agency fee for every hour of cleaning performed.
6. We will replace your cleaner if you ask, at any time. In this case we will introduce you to the new cleaner when they start working for you.
7. We will maintain continuous professional Employer and Public Liability insurance cover.
8. The introduced cleaners are not employed by Gleem Home Cleaning Limited. They are self-employed persons working under the instructions and supervision of the client and using the client’s cleaning products and appliances. Because of that, we cannot control attendance or punctuality. Any lack of compliance or dispute with the cleaner must be communicated to us by the client by means of a written note. An email will suffice.
9. We will share your information with one or more of our registered domestic cleaner who has signed a workers agreement with us (this will be your regular cleaner, temporary cover cleaner or a replacement regular cleaner)
D Your Responsibilities
1. You agree to provide the cleaner with clear work instructions and supervise the cleaner’s activities within your property. You acknowledge that you use cleaners at your own risk. You agree to provide a safe working environment for Housekeepers and to take appropriate precautions to supervise Housekeepers.
2. You agree not to request the cleaner to perform any work apart from those generally accepted as “housekeeping”. In particular, the cleaner will not be involved in children care, baby-sitting or care assistance, will not do any work outside the house such as gardening, walking dogs or shopping, will not clean the exterior of windows unless they are on the ground floor and accessible without the help of ladders of similar devices.
3. You must provide a safe working environment for your cleaner, including the provision of safe and fully functioning equipment. You will provide any health and safety or fire regulation information relating to your property to the self employed cleaner provided by Gleem Home Cleaning Limited
4. You will inform us immediately if you change your regular cleaning day. Failure to do this may invalidate the insurance cover.
5. You agree not to request the introduced cleaner to undertake any cleaning hours without our knowledge or without payment of Agency Fee.
6. You will agree appropriate arrangements for public and local holidays, including the rescheduling of cleaning day, directly with your cleaner.
7. You will provide all cleaning products and equipment and clearly instruct the cleaner on how and where to use them.
8. You must notify us at least 48 hours before your next service of any changes required.
9. You must notify us within 48 hours of any breakage or damage caused directly by the introduced cleaner.
10. Your cleaner is responsible for providing the Services to you and you have a direct contract between you and the cleaner concerning the provision of Services. This contract does not include us. You and the cleaner are responsible for any taxes arising as a result of the Services.
11. You are liable and accept responsibility for any keys issued to the introduced cleaner. Key replacement or locksmith fees should be discussed directly with the introduced cleaner if keys are lost by the introduced cleaner.
1. The Agency Fee amount and terms of payment will be stated in our introductory letter/email.
2. The Agency Fee is collected after each and every clean performed by your cleaner.
3. You agree to pay the Agency Fee by Debit or Credit Card only.
4. We will facilitate your payment to the introduced cleaner by collecting their pay in the same transaction as the Agency Fee is collected.
5. We will distribute your payment to the introduced cleaner on a regular schedule once an invoice is received from the introduced cleaner for the services they have performed for you.
6. You may enter into alternative payment arrangements only with our written permission.
7. If You employ or use the cleaner for more hours than you have confirmed through our booking system you are liable to pay our Agency Fee to account for those hours.
1. You can only request refund of Agency Fees within 4 hours of any clean should the standard of that particular clean be proved via photographic evidence to be unsatisfactory.
2. If the introduced cleaner agrees that the refund request for a proven unsatisfactory standard of cleaning is valid, we will facilitate the refund of your payment to the introduced cleaner.
G Insurance Cover
1. All claims for loss caused directly by the introduced cleaner will be resolved by our insurers.
2. The terms of our insurance cover are available upon request.
3. Any claim for loss or damage is subject to our insurance excess of £250.00.
4. The insurer’s decision is final and binding on all parties.
5. Our insurance cover begins when we receive your online booking. Cover will immediately cease if your account falls into arrears.
6. Accidental damage caused by the introduced cleaner up to £250 should be agreed with the introduced cleaner. However, if there is a problem please liaise with the Gleem Home Cleaning Limited office.
Gleem Home Cleaning Limited reserves the right not to be liable for:
1. Completing tasks which are not stated on a task list;
2. Cleaning jobs not complete due to: (1) a lack of suitable cleaning detergents and/or equipment in full working order, hot water or power; (2) unrealistic expectations on the cleaning tasks to be performed within the time.
3. Third party entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process;
4. Any damages caused by a faulty or not in full working order detergents/equipment supplied by the customer.
5. If the customer has got items which need special cleaning methods and special cleaning detergents, which have not been explained and highlighted to the cleaner.
I End of Agreement
1. Either party can end this agreement by writing to the other giving 48 hours notice of termination. An email will be accepted as a written notice.
2. For recurring and one timebookings, cancellations made within 5 days of your scheduled clean will incur a late cancellation fee of £40. The same charge will be made if we are unable to access your property at the arranged time (this includes you not proving the correct address details or providing accurate access instructions).
3. We reserve the right to end this agreement immediately if you are in breach of these terms, or if we consider the continuation of this agreement may place in hazard the safety or well-being of the introduced cleaner.
4. You agree not to use any introduced cleaner for two years after the end of this agreement. If you use any introduced cleaner after the end of this agreement, you agree to pay a referral fee of £500.00 within 7 days of invoice.
J EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
1. To the extent permitted by law, the Agency hereby excludes liability, for any loss or damage whatsoever, including breach of contract, breach of any statutory provisions or implied terms, and/or as a result of negligence of the Agency or its employees or agents, or that of any Cleaner sourced through the Agency.
2. The Agency will not be liable for any loss or damage to the Client or any goods or property of the Client however arising.
3. If the Agency is held liable by the courts to the Client for any reason whatsoever, including for its negligence, the Agency will only be responsible for any losses that the Client suffers which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence, up to a maximum of a month’s retainer.
4. In any event, the Agency does not accept liability for any business loss (including, without limitation, any loss of contracts or business opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of profits or loss of anticipated savings in expenditure).
5. The Agency shall not be liable for any failure of, or delay in, performance of all or any part of any contract in accordance with these Terms which is due wholly or partially to any cause or occurrence beyond the Agency's reasonable control.
6. The Agency shall not be required to perform or complete performance, nor shall it incur any liability for failure to carry out the terms of this Agreement, if at the relevant time the Client is in breach of any obligation to the Agency under any contract with the Agency.
7. The Agency shall have a reasonable time, after such a breach is remedied, to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. If such a breach is not remedied within a reasonable time, the Agency may, on giving reasonable notice to the Client, end this Agreement and shall have the same rights against the Client as if the Agency had ended this Agreement due to a breach of a term of this Agreement by the Client.
8. The Agency is not responsible for the failure of any Cleaner to return keys or for any loss whatsoever that may arise as a result. In such circumstances, the Cleaner shall be liable.
9. In any event, the Agency shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by bleach or any substances containing bleach.
10. All warranties in respect of the Service, whether implied by statute or common law, made expressly or otherwise, are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law. Furthermore, to the extent permitted by law, the Agency does not guarantee the service, or the performance thereof, in any way whatsoever.
11. The Agency may keep any retainer, and decide not to allocate the Client a Cleaner, if it believes that the Client is acting unlawfully, or is an unsuitable or unreasonable employer or contractor, the Agency’s decision being final in this matter.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the relevant United Kingdom law, and by agreeing to be bound by them the customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the United Kingdom. Task Angels reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice. Should any of the above clauses change all existing customers will be notified.