Floor mats are used in homes to complete the look and design of a home. Floors mats are used in most homes to prevent the destruction of floors mostly tiled or wooden floors while moving home furniture around. They are also an additional decoration to improve the appearance of a home to make it more attractive. Homes that have young babies to take care of use floor mats to prevent the babies from hurting themselves while playing or crawling around the house. This floor mats also need to be taken care of. Floor mats are of the rubber and carpet type. Are you an owner of a floor mat and you do not know how to handle its cleaning?
Below is a step by step guide on cleaning floor mats.
How to clean rubber floor mats
Rubber floor mats are mostly used in car flooring but can also be used in homes.
Requirements for cleaning a rubber floor mat
Bucket water, vacuum, microfiber towel, rubber floor mat cleaning solution, and stiff bristle brush
Steps on how to clean rubber floor mats
- Remove floor mats from your home or car for cleaning.
- Shake the mat to dislodge any debris from it.
- Spray the mat with clean water to wet the carpet before you proceed with the cleaning.
- Using a rubber floor mat cleaning solution, scrub your mat using a bristle brush. Scrub the mat using round motions to get rid of any dirt. In case of any stubborn dirt or grime reapply the rubber mat cleaning solution to scrub the stain.
- Rinse the mat with a clean bucket of water until it is completely solvent-free.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry the mat and air- dry it under the shed to completely dry.
- Return the floor mat to its specific place after completely drying.
How to clean carpet floor mats
Carpet floor mats are mostly used in homes. The floor mats come in a different colour, considering the owner's choice of colour. While cleaning the carpet floor mats, we should also consider the colour of the floor mats to avoid staining of the mat while cleaning.
Requirements for cleaning carpet floor mats
Brush, a bucket of water, wet vac/ a place to hang your mat after washing, vacuum, carpet floor cleaning solution
Steps on how to clean carpet floor mats
- Start by removing the floor mats from your house to avoid your other items from getting soaked with water.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum your mat to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- Shake your mat if necessary to remove any remaining dirt.
- Sprinkle your mat with water before applying a carpet mat cleaner using a brush.
- Scrub the mat using round motions to remove any stains or dirt.
- Using the bucket of water, rinse your carpet until it is spotless.
- Use a wet vac to dry your mat after thoroughly cleaning. You can also consider hanging your mat to air-dry. Make sure to completely dry them to prevent damage from water, mildew, and mould.
- Return the mats to their respective places after completely drying.
Above is a step by step guide on how to clean rubber and carpet mats easily. You should consider regular cleaning of your mats to prevent any staining and fast wearing out of the mats.
Recommended for you
In what ways do I clean an office terrazzo floor?
Terrazzo floors have always existed since the olden times. Terrazzo consists of ships such as glass, marble, granite, quartzite, and any other suitabl
How a Commercial Cleaning Service Can Affect Your Business
Books and business are not the same. The exterior and interior of your commercial space are critical to customer judgment. The effect of a sloppy rece