Bathtubs are known to be the centrepiece of any bathroom. Bathtubs are an essential requirement in most houses, homes, and guestrooms as they offer relaxation to the user. Most bathtubs occupy larger spaces in the bathrooms; therefore, they require extra care as it gives extra attention to the bathroom. Clean tubs make users develop an interest in them. With a clean bathtub, one can have a relaxing, carefree soak when tired and when free. Are you interested in having a guide on how to clean and maintain your bathtub? Below is a step by step guide on the cleaning of your bathtub.
Supplies required for your bathtub cleaning
- A scrubbing brush
- Hand towel/cloth
- A clean bucket
- Bleach and spray bottles
- Baking soda
- Tub and tile cleaner
- Dish soap
A step by step guide on how to clean your bathtub
- Fill hot water into your cleaning bucket, and spill it all over the bathtub.
- Use baking soda by applying it on the tub surfaces. Use tub and tile cleaner for any stains and stubborn dirt.
- Add a half-gallon of water to your bucket, and then add two full tablespoons of dish soap to make a solution.
- Use a sponge dipped into the solution to scrub all the surfaces.
- Rinse your sponge periodically in the bucket while using the solution to scrub the surfaces.
- Sprinkle baking soda to your sponge, and scrub hard to get rid of any stubborn stains.
- When done cleaning and satisfied with the results, use your bucket to pour clean water or a hand spray to rinse your tub.
- Finally do your finishing by polishing the drain, tub faucet, and handles using a clean and dry cloth.
When one avoids cleaning their bathtubs for long, it may lead to them forming mould or mildew.
Have you come across such a situation before? Below are ways to get rid of the mould.
- To get rid of the mildew or mould, start the cleaning process by making a solution of hot water and four spoons of bleach in a spray bottle.
- Then spray the solution to all the affected surfaces on your tub and leave it to soak. Add baking soda to all surfaces while the bleach solution is soaking.
- Finally, proceed with the cleaning using the procedure above on how to clean a bathtub from step three as shown.
Apart from the steps above on bathtub cleaning, we also need to have some tips to follow while cleaning.
Below are some of the tips:
- While cleaning the bathtub, you will be needed to be on your knees to avoid any pain or injury, use a pad for your knees at all times.
- If you encounter any stubborn stains, use baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the stain, leave it for a few hours, and this will help get rid of the stubborn stains. Use a clean cloth to wipe the paste once it is dry.
- Suppose your drain is slow, use two cups of vinegar and four tablespoons of baking soda. Flush the drain with hot water once the bubbling stops.
- Use a mesh drain catcher to keep your tub clean and free from dirt.
Recommended for you
Office cleaning is a process that should be well outlined and organised so that the work is done efficiently within the shortest period possible.
Bristol Domestic Cleaning Tips to Save Time
While cleaning your home, it is good to start by considering the size of your home, the rooms in your home, the flooring of your home, and the weather