Carpets are often a dreaded and welcomed addition to many homes. Lot of people would love carpeting for their home but hate the thought of have to keep the carpets looking clean. If you have pets or kids carpets are generally already ruled out as a floor options. But, keeping your carpets can actually be easily down with these simple tips.
Tips To Keep Your Carpets Looking Like New:
- The first thing you should always avoid doing to any carpet stain is to blot the stain. Never rub spills always use a paper towel with a little cleaning solution or water to gently dab the stain.
- For beer and wine stains club soda is an effective solutions to help rid your carpet of these stains. Using a cloth with club soda on it blot the stains until they are gone. Once the stains have been cleaned away you will want to use a little warm water to rinse the area and leave a press paper towel over the area to help dry the carpet.
- If the club soda does not work to get rid of beer and wine stains use a solution that is one part white vinegar and one part water. Spray the entire stain with this solution and allow it to sit for about fifteen minutes. After the fifteen minutes use a clean sponge to press into the area and allow all the excess liquid to be adsorb by the sponge. Once the stains have been cleaned away you will want to use a little warm water to rinse the area and leave a press paper towel over the area to help dry the carpet.
- For those accidental chewing gun mishaps use a piece of ice to freeze it away. Leave an ice cube on the gum for about 30 seconds, once it is hard and frozen use a ordinary kitchen spoon to lift it up from the carpet. You will need to cut it out of the area but if you get it as close as possible to the gum it will not be noticeable.
- For those impossible grease stains, mix a few drops of dishwashing soap with a cup of water. Spray the mixture over the stain the use a paper towel to blot the stain away.
- Have a wax spill or accident? Using a white cloth and you clothing iron you can easily rid your carpet form wax spills. Place the cloth over the wax spill and use the iron to heat the wax back up then use a butter knife to scrape the wax away from the carpets.
- For those noticeable blood stains, use hydrogen peroxide to get the stain out. Before using the hydrogen peroxide you should try to loosen up the bold with warm water first and try to scrape it from the carpet before using the hydrogen peroxide. Apply the hydrogen peroxide directly to the stain, and then dab the blood stain away with a towel.
Recommended for you
Some Tips on How You Can keep Your House Clean
Keeping your house clean may be one of the things that you do not want to think about. You know that it can be time-consuming. There are even times wh
Benefits of Hiring a Cleaner rather than Cleaning at Home
We can all agree that a clean home is incredibly satisfying! If you’re planning on cleaning your home yourself, the first thing to note is that it’s