A clean office bathroom offers a conducive working environment .
A clean bathroom keeps you infections related to dirty toilets. To clean your office bathroom, gather all the cleaning equipment. Load them in a single place and ensure that all are correctly marked to avoid being used in other places apart from the bathroom.
Make sure that your office bathroom is empty and place the caution signage at bathroom entrance before your cleaning. The signage waves off other staff that cleaning is underway.
An office bathroom should get care daily, as it is under use every other day to do your office cleaning. The following steps should help:
Before starting the cleaning process, ensure you wear protective clothing to prevent damage and hazards associated with cleaning.
How to disinfect office bathrooms
Office bathrooms accommodate many users; therefore, they require cleaning to prevent the spread of bacteria and contamination.
Steps for disinfecting
- Always protect yourself because disinfecting may require you touching chemicals.
- Read the labels and fully of disinfectants and understand each of them before using them. Disinfectant comes in different forms below:
- Limited disinfectants - effective to specific microorganisms
- General disinfectants are effective to general microorganisms
- Tuberculocidal disinfectants is common in hospital cleaning as an additional protection to germs and infections related to hospital office cleaning.
- Remember to use the required amount of disinfectant as prescribed on manual.
Daily cleaning of the office bathroom steps
- Make sure the bathroom is unoccupied before cleaning begins.
- Remove any ruins or debris on floor, in sink, or toilet altogether.
- Empty any recycle and garbage bins and even removing trashcan liner and replacing it with unused one.
- Keep toilet paper and paper towel dispensers stocked if empty.
- Clean toilet surfaces by scrubbing and follow the disinfecting toilet procedure below:
- Dry water spills after cleaning the toilet if any.
Weekly cleaning of the office bathroom
- Empty the bathroom before beginning your cleaning.
- Start with the toilet. Scrub all the surfaces of the toilet, beginning with the interior with a toilet bowl cleaner.
- Clean by wiping down the exterior parts of the toilet /urinal like the toilet seat using a disinfectant. This disinfecting procedure should help.
- Wipe and disinfect other bathroom surfaces such as door handles, dispensers, counterparts, partitions, and light switches
- Remove stain from the bathroom mirrors using a glass cleaner to remove any fingerprints and marks.
- Clean your bathroom surfaces using a surface cleaner to wipe the sinks and handles.
- Sweep the floor to remove dust using a dust mop before using a wet mop to clean the floor.
- After you are done, wash all bathroom clothes, mops, and brooms and dry them, avoiding their contact with other office cleaning materials.
Monthly cleaning of the office bathrooms
- Start by emptying the bathroom
- Dust and vacuum all the areas around the bathroom, including the vents, shelves, and partitions.
- Stock the soap, toilet paper, paper towel dispensers, and the air fresheners.
- Make sure all drains are working correctly if not, unclog them using drain cleaners.
- Repeat the weekly procedure on how to clean the bathroom surfaces then leave it to dry.
- After finishing the cleaning, clean and rinse the equipment used.
With the above instructions, you will manage to a clean environment, and prevent the spread of any infections and diseases.
Recommended for you
What are the signs that an office cleaning business is not doing well?
starting a business and the difficulties that comes with it
Office cleaning procedures and steps
If you work under an office cleaning service you might require cleaning procedures and steps that will help you carry out your job effectively; also,