Celebrating the new season of spring or simply glad this week’s over? Considering getting your friends together for a chat, some food and possibly a (few) good bottles of wine this weekend? We can picture the scene, the menu will be extensive – at least two courses of fare prepared by your own fair hand to impress the socks off your guests. A good evening will be had by all.
But the next morning, feeling slightly under the weather due to one too many the night before, you’re confronted with the horror of the remnants. That impressive passata which accompanied the magnificent parmigiana? All over the table cloth. Even the walls. How did this happen??
But, take a step back. We promise this is not as bad as it seems! Follow these simple steps to ensure you’re pure white table cloth is restored to its former pristine glory.
1. Place the cloth over a bowl, secure with an elastic band
2. Pour boiled water over the affected area from a 2-3ft height (avoid burning yourself!)
3. Soak in warm water with a teaspoon of detergent for 15 minutes
4. Rinse with water and sponge with white vinegar
5. Rinse again. Repeat 3 & 4 if stain is particularly persistent!
And there you have it! Are you a frequent host of your own dinner parties and want to know more of our expert tips? Leave a comment concerning any post-dinner cleaning conundrums, and we can solve them for you over the next few weeks!
Happy Gleeming x